For a current list of our Adoptable Dogs, please look under the Available Dogs menu. Statuses of the dogs may change on a daily basis, so please note that the dog you apply for could possibly be adopted before you complete the application process. We hope you will consider other dogs as well for adoption since we have many new ones coming in on a regular basis and they all need forever homes!
HOW THE ADOPTION APPLICATION AND APPROVAL PROCESS WORKS:
- Dogs will only be adopted to residents that currently live in North Carolina, are over the age of 21, and applicants should be willing to travel within NC to visit and/or pick up their adopted dog if approved.
- Apply to adopt by completing the NCSR Adoption Application form online or email a request for the application to email@example.com
- 3 personal references and 1 veterinary reference are required. (If no current pets, please note previous vet or vet you might consider using.) Understanding the financial needs of having a pet and having the monetary means to care for a schnauzer is also a requirement for adoption.
- After a satisfactory home visit, applicants will be notified by email and/or by phone of their approval status. We will then work with you to match up the right dog to your family.
- There is an adoption donation fee requested at the time of adoption of all of our rescued miniature schnauzers. These fees cover all up to date vaccinations and medical attention, spay/neuter, and other expenses we have for each dog, and are usually far less than what we have actually spent on the dog. The adoption donation fee amounts are:
$250 for dogs 6 years old or older.
$300 for dogs 3 years to 5 years old.
$350 for dogs 2 years old or younger.
PLEASE NOTE: The entire application approval process and home visit evaluation can sometimes take 3-4 weeks or more to complete since we are all volunteers and do this in our “free” time. PLEASE be prepared to be patient for the “right” dog for your family – he or she will be well worth the wait!!!
You may apply for a dog on our website that gets adopted before your own approval is complete, but you will then be an approved applicant and in line for other incoming rescued dogs.
NCSR’s ADOPTION POLICY
NCSR’s Adoption Policy requires all potential adopters to complete an adoption application and home visit interview/evaluation with an NCSR member or representative in order to be considered as a forever home for one of our rescued dogs. We realize it may seem to be a lot of work to go through to get a dog, but since we don’t know your family, we want to assure we are selecting only the most committed and loving homes for these dogs who have already suffered displacement and been through so much.
NCSR’s Adoption Placement Board will determine the best home for each dog based on the application process and home visit interview. You may contact the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work on a first-approved basis, but consider the needs and any special requirements of the dog as the highest priority, rather than who may have turned in an application first.
The application and/or home visit interview does NOT guarantee an approval. This in no way reflects on the ability of a family to provide a wonderful home for a dog, but is out of necessary concern and consideration for the special needs that are common with many rescued dogs. Please note that all dogs/animals in the home (with the exception of proven show animals) must be spayed or neutered.
It also does not guarantee the adoption of a particular dog you may be interested in. NCSR may recommend a different dog more suitable to your household.
NCSR is a volunteer run, non-profit organization and reserves the right to refuse any adoption that is not in the best interest of the dog based on our policies and standards. We do our best to help the right dog be united with the right family so that the adoptions are forever.