Our rescue is run solely by volunteer members and the more volunteers that help, the more dogs we can rescue!
We ask our potential members/volunteers to fill out a membership application, have their references checked and a home visit completed. We have our members and foster homes go through the same approval process as we do our adoptive families, since many times our members eventually choose to adopt a rescued schnauzer! Also, by going through the application approval process, it helps members become familiar with the procedure, making it easier to explain to potential adopters.
We encourage potential members to completely read through the NCSR website, and to support NCSR’s policies and Mission as listed here. We support spay/neuter for all family pets and do not encourage casual breeding, even for “just one litter.” To read more about why breeding should be left to those who thoroughly understand it and know how to properly breed miniature schnauzers, please read: “Breeding Your Dog” by Nadine Seals Tare.
Here are some of the tasks in which our volunteer members are involved:
- Foster Homes (will need to complete a separate Foster Agreement and follow fostering guidelines)
- References Team / Clerical Duties (phone calls, reference checks, document updates, etc.)
- Fundraising Committee / Pet Fair Assistance
- Membership Committee (clerical duties surrounding NCSR membership)
- Transport Driver and/or rescue intake from shelters
- Shelters Committee (searching the web for schnauzers in need of rescue)
- Follow-up Committee (phone calls to check on adopted dogs, updating spreadsheet)
- Grooming Services
- And More…..
Please complete and submit a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION to start the process of becoming an approved member of NCSR – there are MANY needs, many dogs that need help, and never enough humans to do the work!